KANBAN SYSTEMS DESIGN – KMP1
In this 2 day overview of Kanban systems design you will gain an understanding of the application of the Kanban method as well as how to introduce it to your organisation.
It will assist you become more aware of the “invisible” work that is going, how to visualise it, how it is being done and the current risks. It includes a case study of the application of Kanban and how it can be adopted in your organisation.
The 2 days are filled with many group exercises, collaboration and highly interactive gameplay. Day one is an introduction to several key elements of the
Kanban Method such as:
- Principles of Kanban
- General practices
Kanban system mechanics and indicators:
- Commitment Point(s)
- Lead Time
- Metrics: Cumulative-Flow Diagrams
Every kanban system is different! On day 2 you will be presented with Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban (STATIK) as well as a practical exercise that will allow you to design your Kanban system that can be used immediately.
The following is also included on day 2:
- Introduction to the STATIK method
- Case study – Kanban Methods design, where it all started
- Understanding the context to understand the need for change
- Capability vs Demand Analysis
- Model or Visualizing the current workflow as it exists
- Kanban Systems design
- Work Item Types
- Classes of Service
- Frequencies, Systems Replenishment and recurring events
- Establishing a Kanban system visualization you can use immediately
- Work Item Type – Ticket design